Thursday 1 March 2007

Police critical of Police Hierarchy

Well the Commissioner’s political pep talk rally has just been to town here, and it was a bit of a disappointment. I thought I would use the opportunity to raise issues with him that I thought were affecting us as an organisation.
After expressing what I thought was a problem, I received the expected quasi-political answer, which skirted the real issue, and before I could move on to anything else, he excused himself and moved back to the comfort of the hierarchy, who would pay due obeisance to his position.
Quite frankly, I was left with the impression that he didn’t really care, and was againanother political appointment there to pass on the Government’s bidding.
The Minister of Police did not even attend.
I hope I’m proved wrong and that some real results can be acheived by the new Commissioner.
PG
(Palmerston North)

Note: When the "Commissioner's Office" was replaced by "The Office of the Commissioner", the role transferred from active Policing to Political puppet, or didn't you know already!

No comments: